Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Exploring and Extending a Favorite Story

We read >  quite often.



 So, I picked it for todays challenge.
 I "read" it while little c turned the pages. His favorite part of the book is when the caterpillar eats... he is fascinated by the holes punched in the pages.  

The challenge for the day was to act out a story. Not quite possible since little c isn't verbal yet. So, with some help I decided we would extend the book by singing songs and finger plays about caterpillars and butterflies.

Here's a simple song (sung to the tune of The Itsy Bitsy Spider) that I remember singing when I worked at an early childhood center:

The little caterpillar ate a bunch of leaves
it munched, and munched, and munched those leaves 'till it was big
It made a chrysalis so warm and safe and dry
then one day it came out as a lovely butterfly!

:)

[little c is 11.5 months]

No comments:

Post a Comment