Monday, October 17, 2011

Info: Importance of Play

Oh me, oh my... she took the words right out of my mouth! Anna Ranson over at The Imagination Tree has a great post on the importance of play in early childhood. It is a must read.

I remember searching high and low for activities to do and toys to play with little c, since the day he was born, to help him develop to his fullest potential. As a new mom I think I became over absorbed by the idea of needing to buy, make and do do do and do some more to make sure my boy was learning. I lost focus on what really matters most, play! The time spent exploring something as simple as a mud puddle or paint on paper is worth a bazillion times as much as the time I spent searching for that perfect toy or activity.

What simple things have you explored with your little one?

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the lovely comment left on my blog Bianca! And this blog looks like it is going to be fabulous! You are so right- we've lost our focus as parents and are so easily sucked into the consumerism. All our little ones want is for us to engage with them and play!

    ReplyDelete