Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Exploring Mini Pumpkins and Gourds


What are these?





I set out a basket of mini pumpkins and round gourds for little c to explore.

I always try to take advantage of the literacy connection when he is experiencing something new. I talk and talk and talk some more about what he is doing and all about what those cool new "toys" are. My husband always teases me "You like to hear yourself talk don't you?" No, but little c does! I know that the more vocabulary he is exposed to the more he will retain. He may not understand everything I say to him, but he is making some connections.  

"That's a round gourd. Watch it roll across the floor. Oop, it hit the wall. Now it's rolling back..." endless possibilities.

orange. round. bumpy. cream. roll. stem. stripes.

No comments:

Post a Comment